Carbs have gotten a bad rap over the years, but we promise there’s no reason to shy away from these simple ingredient vegan pancakes. Believe it or not, indulging in some good ol’ fashioned pancakes doesn’t have to be unhealthy. On the contrary, our vegan pancakes are jam-packed with protein, making it complimentary to your workout routine.
The best things in life are simple, including our Vegan Protein Powder Pancake Recipe. Take a trip down nostalgia lane by making these on a Sunday morning to top off a perfect weekend.
Vegan Protein Powder Pancake Recipe
What you’ll need
1 cup all purpose flour, or rolled oats to make it gluten-free
½ cup of Puremark Vegan Protein Powder
1 tablespoon of baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
½ teaspoon of salt
1 cup of water
If gluten free: add ½ cup of mashed bananas for consistency
Optional: Pancake filler and toppings! Choose blueberries, bananas, strawberries, maple syrup, peanut butter and/or almond butter to add some extra love to these vegan pancakes. Use whatever your taste buds desire!
Let’s get cooking
1. Put all the dry ingredients plus the water into a bowl and mix. If opting for the gluten free version, blend the ingredients in a food processor or blender to break down the consistency of the oats.
2. Heat a skillet on the stove over medium-heat and lightly grease with cooking spray. Use avocado or grapeseed oil for a healthier option.
3. If you would like fruit inside of your pancakes, add them into the batter.
4. Put a large spoonful of batter into the pan. If you would like bigger pancakes, add more batter. Cook one side for 3-5 minutes, then flip to the other side and let it cook for another 3-5 minutes.
5. Add toppings to your pancakes: peanut butter, almond butter, fruit and/or maple syrup, and enjoy!
If you want thicker pancakes, then use less water. Likewise, if you would like thinner pancakes then add more water.
This blog is not intended to provide diagnosis, treatment or medical advice. Content is for informational purposes only. Please consult with a physician or other healthcare professional regarding any medical or health related diagnosis or treatment options.